Only nationals of countries that are in the following list, require a visa to enter Honduras.

Updated: March 26, 2009
List of countries (PDF)

If your country of citizenship is on the list must be filed with the Consular Section of the Embassy of Honduras to process your visa, according to the following categories:

1. Consular Visa Tourist / Business: This visa is issued to foreigners wishing to travel to Honduras for recreation, business or family reasons, who hold ordinary passports or ordinary.

Applicants must complete the application form and submit the following documents:

1. Two passport size photographs 2. Passport valid for at least six months; 3. Photocopy of general data in passport 4. Photocopy of the residence, on both sides, or a photocopy of the visa to be stamped on the passport 5. Information about your name, address and phone number in case you need to contact the Consulate, and 6. Payment for the required value (see list).

If you require a business visa multiple entry, in addition to the above documentation, you must submit a letter from employer or institution they work for, which should indicate the time of the research in Honduras and who will cover the cost of stay in the country.

2. Visas consulted: Consulates consult the authorization of the visa with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The application is brought before a Honduran Consulate, which will conduct an interview.

It may also be filed directly with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by persons duly accredited family kinship, business or professional relationships with foreign applicant who wishes to travel to Honduras.

The application must contain the following documents and information:

1. Names and nationality of the applicant.
2. VCA-4 form, available in every consular office,
3. Legitimate and valid passport
4. Indication of the reason for the trip: business or sightseeing, working or visiting relatives or friends,
5. Proof of employment, bank accounts and real estate deeds,
6. Length of stay in the country;
7. Indication of the airport, land or sea delegation where enter;
8. If you are a foreigner in the country where the visa request must indicate your immigration status of resident, student or tourist, and
9. Indication of visas available to other countries. Upon receipt of the request for visa, diplomatic or consular office shall forward the same to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for appropriate consultation procedures.

3. Diplomatic Visa: It extends to holders of diplomatic passports who are foreign government officials.

4. Official Visa: is issued to holders of official passports who are officials of foreign government or international organizations, or holders of UN Laissez Passer.

5. Courtesy Visa: Issued to people who work for agencies or international institutions like the IMF, IDB, OAS, World Bank and which do not carry the passport.