Consular Services

The Embassy of Honduras to the Kingdom of Belgium, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and Mission to the European Union provides several consular and other services.

Please contact our Consular Section if you have any questions regarding our Consular services.

For the moment this Consular Section doesn’t count with any passports, for which we suggest that you travel to a nearby Consulate of Honduras.
For example:
Consulate of Honduras in Berlin
Consulate of Honduras in Madrid
Consulate of Honduras in Barcelona
Contact the Consulate Section in Berlin, Germany.

Consular Section,
Landsberger Alle 65,
10249 Berlin

Tel. 00 49 30 42 082 300
Cel. 00 49 30 42 082 3015

You must submit to the Consulate General of Honduras, your current identity card (issued since 1996).
In the absence of this, you must submit the original birth certificate along with another document that has your photograph, such as: Driver’s license, social insurance card, membership card INJUPEMP, academic or expired passport which does not show alterations or damage.
All these documents must be originals.

The fee for obtaining a passport is showed under tariff. If the applicant is under 21 years of age, in addition to the above, he or she will be presented with both documented parents. In case one or both of the parents are absent, you must present an original Authorization made before a notary and submit a copy of the certificate or passport of the parent. In the event that one parent is deceased, the applicant must present original copy of the death certificate issued by the appropriate authority.

Shall submit to the Consular Section the following documents:

* Identification card, birth certificate or expired passport * A photocopy of one of the documents described above * A passport size photograph, taken from the front * Copy of flight itinerary or copies of tickets.

Exception: Hondurans by naturalisation obtained under Decree 26/90, require prior authorization from the Directorate General of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The pass is granted only for the purposes of processing a new passport in Honduras, which can be done by an attorney.
The pass is only good for travel to Honduras.

1. Personal documents: Identification card, birth certificate or an valid passport. (In case of being able to only present a birth certificate, you must also bring any other document that has your picture in it)
2. Two photographs (size passport)
3. Copy of your flight itinerary or a copy of your airplane ticket
4. A photocopy of the bank transaction

Note: This procedure will have to be done in person in the offices of the Consular Section of the Embassy of Honduras in Brussels, Belgium.

A Safe-Passage: is a traveling document that is issued for Hondurans who are abroad without a passport and this document is valid solely to return to Honduras. This document expires the moment you enter Honduran territory and is only issued under special circumstances.

The naturalize Hondurans who are under the protection of Decree 26/90, require a previous authorization by the General Direction of Consular Affairs in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Honduras.

Only nationals of countries that are in the following list, require a visa to enter Honduras.

Updated: March 26, 2009
List of countries (PDF)

If your country of citizenship is on the list must be filed with the Consular Section of the Embassy of Honduras to process your visa, according to the following categories:

1. Consular Visa Tourist / Business: This visa is issued to foreigners wishing to travel to Honduras for recreation, business or family reasons, who hold ordinary passports or ordinary.

Applicants must complete the application form and submit the following documents:

1. Two passport size photographs 2. Passport valid for at least six months; 3. Photocopy of general data in passport 4. Photocopy of the residence, on both sides, or a photocopy of the visa to be stamped on the passport 5. Information about your name, address and phone number in case you need to contact the Consulate, and 6. Payment for the required value (see list).

If you require a business visa multiple entry, in addition to the above documentation, you must submit a letter from employer or institution they work for, which should indicate the time of the research in Honduras and who will cover the cost of stay in the country.

2. Visas consulted: Consulates consult the authorization of the visa with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The application is brought before a Honduran Consulate, which will conduct an interview.

It may also be filed directly with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by persons duly accredited family kinship, business or professional relationships with foreign applicant who wishes to travel to Honduras.

The application must contain the following documents and information:

1. Names and nationality of the applicant.
2. VCA-4 form, available in every consular office,
3. Legitimate and valid passport
4. Indication of the reason for the trip: business or sightseeing, working or visiting relatives or friends,
5. Proof of employment, bank accounts and real estate deeds,
6. Length of stay in the country;
7. Indication of the airport, land or sea delegation where enter;
8. If you are a foreigner in the country where the visa request must indicate your immigration status of resident, student or tourist, and
9. Indication of visas available to other countries. Upon receipt of the request for visa, diplomatic or consular office shall forward the same to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for appropriate consultation procedures.

3. Diplomatic Visa: It extends to holders of diplomatic passports who are foreign government officials.

4. Official Visa: is issued to holders of official passports who are officials of foreign government or international organizations, or holders of UN Laissez Passer.

5. Courtesy Visa: Issued to people who work for agencies or international institutions like the IMF, IDB, OAS, World Bank and which do not carry the passport.

For consular information about residency, contact the Embassy here
The parent of Honduran nationality, must be submitted to the Consular Section and apply to register the birth of their son or daughter in the Registry of Births and who writes a certified birth certificate. Must submit the following documents:

1. The original birth certificate of child
2. A photocopy of the Act
3. A photocopy of the ID cards or passports of the parents.

The Consular Section will issue a document that the applicant shall submit to the National Registry of Persons in Honduras. The document may be submitted personally or by another person acting on behalf of the person concerned. Before submitting the document to the RNP, you must validate the signature of the consul or consular agent, to the Authentication department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Honduras.

One or both spouses must be submitted to the Consular Section and request registration thereof. They must submit a copy of an identity card or passport, copy of the original marriage certificate and a photocopy.

The Consular Section will issue a document that the applicant shall submit to the National Registry of Persons in Honduras. The document may be submitted personally or by another person acting on behalf of the person concerned. Before submitting the document to the RNP must validate the signature of the consul or consular agent, to the Authentication of Foreign Ministry in Honduras.

In Honduras, a marriage that can be contracted before a notary or lawyer and municipal authorities, should:

1. Present general information about the spouses and parents.

2. Having the presence of two adult witnesses.

3. Submit an affidavit of two persons who provide reliable information and informed that the foreign person is single, single through divorce or widowhood, who know her personally, and know the date and place of birth. People who make this statement abroad, must show that they are unable to travel to Honduras to do so.

4. Submit authorization ballots to marry, issued by the respective municipality by paying the appropriate fee.

5. Submit Birth Certificate, the constancy of bachelorhood provided by the office of Civil Registry in the country of origin.

6. The Waiver of edicts from the Ministry of Interior and Justice. All documents issued outside of Honduras, should follow the apostille procedure, according to the country or the issuing state.

Article 27 .- An alien who intends to marry in Honduras, must prove to the competent official or notary to be accredited, their civil status of single with the sworn testimony of two or more adult witnesses, working to give valid reason to declare that of their claims. Must show to also be certified by the respective diplomatic or consular certification or certified by any competent authority of their country, according to the law on which it depends, there is no obstacle to the proposed marriage.

For other consular services not named above, contact the Embassy here

For tariffs on any of the service named above, please click here